Associate Biotechnologist, Mammalian Manufacturing
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have a number of great opportunities for Associate Biotechnologists to join our Manufacturing Support Team at our Tuas site in Singapore. Reporting to the Section Lead/Manager, you will be responsible for the manufacturing of therapeutic proteins under cGMP conditions.
You will be working in 12-hour rotating shift pattern and will be compensated with shift premium and allowances!
- Learn and perform well-defined procedures within a GMP manufacturing setting
- Perform equipment monitoring & and basic 6S housekeeping
- Perform basic laboratory tasks (e.g. sampling, pH/ conductivity/ osmolality measurements etc.)
- Perform routine sanitization tasks to maintain facility standards
- Trained & signed off on Performance Measures (PMs) relating to CIP/ SIP/ basic tank & instrument operations
- Demonstrate aseptic technique in the handling of product/ materials
- Perform basic process & equipment troubleshooting
- Multi-task on equipment preparations & operations to ensure adherence to schedule
- Attain full competency in the performance of all operations relevant to manufacturing areas assigned.
- Display basic process & equipment troubleshooting ability under routine scenarios.
- Become a technical process expert by exhibiting basic understanding of critical process/operational parameters and target/acceptable ranges, as well as interactions between different process parameters.
- Use Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), logbooks & Batch Records (BRs) effectively & competently
- Submit samples via Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS)
- Perform dispensing, sampling, autoclave assembly, and equipment wash.
- Diploma/NITEC in a related Science/Engineering discipline or some relevant work experience in a similar industry
- Knowledge of Biopharmaceutical processing is not essential, but an added asset
- Knowledge of cGMP applications
- Positive team oriented attitude
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Willing to perform rotating 12-hour shift pattern
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.