Market Intelligence Lead
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Market Intelligence Lead will be responsible for supporting and facilitating the development and implementation of marketing and sales strategies of Lonza Cell and Gene Technologies Business Unit, consistent with the business objectives.
- Market Analysis: Develop market intelligence to understand the size, key opportunities, trends of key business segments. Attend industry conferences to gain insights.
- Competitive Intelligence: Understand competition current and potential moves for all major service segments, modalities and offers.
- Customer/sales Insights: Understand customer needs and the opportunities for CGT (Cell & Gene Technologies). Develop key customer analysis of sales pipeline and profitability. Customer and pipeline prioritization.
- Executive reporting: Preparation of key analysis tables, graphics and slides to communicate key insights and takeaways
- Forecasting: Together with the Commercial Development Heads evaluate and model market and portfolio dynamics (projections). Support financial reporting
- Marketing and lead generation: Support marketing initiatives from a customer segmentation and targeting perspective. Generate leads either from marketing activities or through targeting in line with business strategy.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degrees in life sciences, marketing, market research, business, or related field. MBA is a plus.
- Substantial marketing and business strategy experience in the life science industries.
- Experience in pharma/biotech manufacturing (chemistry and/or biology) industry.
- Strong project management skills with ability to work with cross-functional teams to establish deliverables, timelines and hold self and others to a quality, on-time delivery.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computer skills and expert level Office application knowledge (MS Excel/VBA, and MS Power Point).
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain key relationships with external and internal business leaders.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.