Head of Supply Chain Planning and Program Management
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Supply Chain and Program Management (SC&PM) Site Head is a Member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT). As Head of SC&PM, they represent the local SC&PM department and the customer portfolio. This individual will be accountable for consistent and flawless programs execution at site level. On that purpose, this person is translating customers demand into executable schedules for which material, asset and resources are available, develops and sets practices.
- Flawless coordination of site portfolio execution including planning alignment (from demand to execution), robust sourcing information and customer interactions
- All medium and short term planning processes to ensure fully integrated asset capacity planning, labor planning and material planning
- Team Management including optimal resources allocation, hiring, gap analysis and talent development
- Propose options to SLT for portfolio management based on priorities, capabilities and profitability.
- Actively support site head in preparation of budget and reports particularly with forecasting scenario
- Lead the monthly Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) meeting, provide a monthly reforecast of all site based deliverables, update the financial outlook for the site as agreed at the meeting and submit to Business Unit (BU) Planner
- Actively drive harmonization and standardization across multiple sites and technologies with regards of both PM and Supply Chain planning. Drive change in this respect.
- Responsible for ensuring completion of monthly Site Delivery Reporting and provide ad hoc metrics reporting to Management as needed.
- Ensure optimal Project team organization, empowering team members and definition of clear roles and responsibilities
- Ensure efficient process is in place to secure availability of materials to execute the project and including providing key information to procurement site head
- Oversee Inventory Management and Materials Flows
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain and relevant business experience in the pharmaceutical , biotechnology, with strong commercial background and experience in the Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) business model preferred.
- Master’s Degree in Life Sciences desired.
- Extensive work experience in a relevant project/ program management and Supply Chain planning functions or other equivalent business positions
- APICS is a plus
- Very strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage not only project teams in a matrix environment but also direct people management in a traditional hierarchical organizational structure
- Ability to build strong, lasting relationships with clients based on trust and delivery
- Ability to create a highly collaborative and inclusive environment necessary for a team to be effective
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to effectively implement the tools and techniques
- Advanced modeling skills for financial, schedule, and materials planning an advantage
- Has a strong sense of operating in a proactive manner driving themselves and their team towards key millstones and project initiatives
- Has the strength of character to have difficult conversations with a customer, internal team members, and/or management when required
- MS Project skills, Excel and SAP are required.
- Strategic mind-set with quality decision making, whilst balancing risk
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.