Senior IT System Developer SAP ABAP / SAP PO
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior IT System Developer will collaborate with business analysts to specify the technical design of customized IT applications. The role is responsible to organize, supervise and quality control software programming, ensuring that the integration with existing processes, and systems is managed effectively.
- Analyze IT user requirements that require software programming enhancements, evaluate technical design specification, time and costs
- Manage development service by collaborating with the system development providers; ensure they work to Lonza standards and guidelines and organize technical specification handover. Advise, monitor and quality control deliverables
- Develop critical software applications for non-outsourced programming service. Support continuous improvement of Lonza custom IT business applications. Advise internal partners on new and innovative IT technologies
- Organize system enhancement integration working closely with internal customers
- Provide system development support for critical incidents, work closely with IT support to resolve recurring incidents
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Computer Sciences or relevant subject
- Demonstrable experience in IT and/or Business Services
- Excellent communication in English
- Strong experience in shaping IT solutions and ensuring their successful execution
- Senior system development knowhow in SAP ABAP, ABAP Objects and SAP PI / PO
- Comprehensive knowhow in XML, SOAP, J2EE, workflow, middleware and web-technologies
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.