Operational Excellence Project Manager
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a senior-level professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Operational Excellence group will be responsible and will provide key support for the site leadership team to deliver business results by working with teams to identify opportunities for improvement and taking accountability for rigorous execution and delivery.
- Helps generate OE strategy to identify and develop systems.
- Supports ongoing site efforts: process improvement, daily management system, and culture.
- Plans, leads, drives and executes business critical improvement projects to deliver successful results using Lean/DMAIC approach.
- Works with the business to identify and report milestone project progress and work with project sponsors and site leadership to address major barriers to progress to ensure projects are delivered to plan.
- Develops business case for improvement projects to secure the necessary support and resources for success.
- Supports departmental improvement efforts in a variety of project team member roles to accelerate delivery of improvements.
- Coaches teams to establish performance measurements and process control plans to monitor project results and drive sustainability.
- Communicates project progress and promotes project achievements to maintain awareness of improvement activity on the site, across the network and with corporate leadership.
- Subject Matter Expert for coaching others in the philosophy, methods, tools and techniques of process improvement to increase the capability of the business to respond to problems.
- Modifies and facilitate training sessions of relevant material.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS Degree in Science or Engineering
- HS Diploma with relevant experience
- Black Belt Certification
- Advanced level Biopharma experience
- Maintenance of quality systems and cGMP compliance for the business by ensuring training requirements.
- Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Ensure that all team members comply with safety rules and regulations.
- Lead by example.
- Demonstrated track record of having delivered tangible results
- Expert level in process improvement tools and methodologies.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Proven facilitator with ability to coach, manage and lead teams.
- Ability to communicate persuasively across the corporation.
- Change promoter.
- Developing and motivating others.
- Fosters a productive work environment.
- Independent and self-motivated.
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manage change to a successful conclusion.
- Energetic and enthusiastic style.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.