United States, Hayward (California)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Production Scheduler is responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving the production schedule. Perform all duties to ensure the departmental schedules are accurate and communicated to all relevant departments to drive short term execution of plans. Ensure all schedules are created respecting existing labor and asset capacities and achievable based on planned material availability. Drive timely resolution of all scheduling conflicts with relevant stakeholders.
- Create, track and maintain the short term schedules to provide visibility to defined departments to drive short term execution of plans.
- Incorporate input from all relevant departments to ensure schedules are realistic within relevant constraints and latest information.
- Drive optimization of schedules by balancing demand priorities against optimal production sequencing and efficient resource (facility/suite, equipment, staff, materials etc.) utilization.
- Ensure all feedback regarding changes to existing plans is incorporated into schedules in timely manner.
- Maintain detailed planning and scheduling parameters in planning system to allow optimal use of system scheduling functionality.
- Generate relevant KPI and operational measures to support identification of trends or root causing of sub-optimal performance.
- Maintain accurate production schedule, providing data for the MRP process to meet production demands.
- Review documents such as production schedules, work orders, and staffing tables to determine personnel and materials requirements, and material priorities.
- Monitor production data, including volume produced, consumption of raw materials, and quality control measures, using this information for Continuous.
- Improvement activities such as maintenance of routings and BOM’s, increasing accuracy of production schedule and efficiency reporting.
- Ability to influence both Supply Chain and functional leaders to support production optimization recommendations
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to define metrics (KPI’s) and identify issues through root cause analysis
- Good communication and presentation skills. Ability to present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to use production scheduling systems
- Competent using MS Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to utilize Business Intelligence systems to extract data and generate reports
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.