Operator, Control Room
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Control Room Operator is a resource for all Operations issues. The Control Room Operator has to be able to effectively recognize and respond to trends in the process and react based on priority.
- Ability to focus on task/resource management based on Control Room signals and alarms
- Communication with and dispatching support resources to assist ALL Operations departments
- Monitor plant SCADA and correct out of control conditions immediately
- Monitor and manage GFT Lightboard and eliminate all technical and human errors on assigned shift
- Complete call log to include pertinent information
- Communicate, review, and correct ALL InfinityQS trends on shift and on a weekly basis
- Defect troubleshooting for gelatin, process, color, and mechanical problems on a hard capsule machine (HCM)
- This position will be the primary fill in for the MFG Shift Leader on an as needed basis
- Ability to troubleshoot both hard gelatin capsules (HGC) and Vcaps Plus (VCP) HCMs, Borsor, Unisor, ILD-iBox
- Special projects as directed by Shift Leader and/or Process Engineers
- Ability to generate documents and graphs in MFG applications and report to management
- HS Diploma
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Basic computer skills
- Lift, push, pull, objects up to 50 lbs
- Must demonstrate competency in SCADA, InfinityQS, Chart, STAS, and all other MFG applications. (Skills will be tested during interview)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in capsule manufacturing required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.