Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of Lonza Speciality Ingredients (LSI), you join the Microbial Control Solutions (MCS) team in Australia.
We are currently looking for a Key Account and Business Development Manager to cover Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) with a focus in the Personal Care, Hygiene, Paints and Coating.
- Identifying sales opportunities and providing input into market/business intelligence to the global marketing and product teams
- Maintain and improve customer relationships in various functions such as Purchasing, R&D, Regulatory and Quality Management to ensure a high level of customer services and satisfaction, including strategy meetings with customer’s senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organizations’ strategies
- Driving global and regional key account management for ANZ
- Coordinate and communicate customer needs and market intelligence within Lonza to Technical Support, Regulatory, R&D and Marketing
- Build and maintain an effective network within LSI
- Working closely with the product development team to ensure customer targets are met and product formulations are closely matched to customer requirements
- Presenting new products and applications to key customers in Oceania region
- Maintaining and developing customer relationships to drive further business development
- Providing technical support and advice to customers
- The ability to develop and maintain strong customer relationships
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry or Industrial engineering, combined with sales experience
- Relevant experience in Specialty Chemical Industry
- Effective listening skills, independent and self-directed for managing existing business and new opportunities
- Proactive with high self-motivation to achieve goals without supervision
- Culturally aware and experienced in working in an international environment
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy, high energy and positive attitude
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.