Director, Commercial Development - Drug Substance
United States, Morristown (New Jersey)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Develop Lonza’s presence on the global small molecules market through strategic development of Lonza’s drug substance portfolio and Lonza’s drug substance development and manufacturing offering.
- Actively manage a portfolio of drug substance customers from a commercial development point of view: Maximize pipeline coverage, assure long term business security, and increase profitability by providing commercial guidance to the Sales team
- Define the requirements to develop new customer targets and offerings for drug substance development and manufacturing: Collaborate with marketing for identification of molecules where Lonza can expect to leverage its capabilities and for evaluation of new offerings, collaborate with R&D to develop technologies and offerings
- Develop appropriate business models to maximize profitability and business security of current portfolio and to maximize pipeline growth
- Work across the Small Molecule Business Unit in particular and across other Lonza Business Units in general to capture a maximum of business opportunities for Lonza
- Work with the Sales organization to develop and strengthen the necessary skill set to ensure commercial goals are achieved
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in a Life Sciences discipline (Chemistry, Pharmacy, Engineering); Business degree preferred.
- Strong communication skills (English)
- Substantial experience in commercial development, preferably with a focus on small molecules/drug substance.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
- Proven persuasive communication skills in a highly technical and scientific environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.