Sr. Scientist, Technology
United States, Quakertown (Pennsylvania)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Responsible for the technology assessment and introduction of products in collaboration with a multi-disciplinary project teams. Engage with prospective customers on product requirements, technology considerations, process design and equipment capability. Design and conduct experiments, analyze data, and clearly present results. Use knowledge of scientific fundamentals and the ability to apply these in an experimental setting to design, develop, scale-up, and analytical methods for the manufacture and processing of pharmaceutical products and recipients.
- Lead technical interface with current and prospective clients and customers with a strong emphasis on attracting and introducing new products at the site.
- Demonstrate quantitative mastery of application of fundamental principles and lead innovation in area of expertise to solve challenging technical problems
- Use knowledge of fundamental physical models and sound hypotheses to design work plans and to interpret data
- Fluently connect process-level phenomena with molecular mechanisms
- Integrate new unit operations and experimental techniques with existing operations/technologies
- Design new models, techniques or invent new experimental procedures/protocols
- Identify areas for improvement or new technology opportunities in technical offering and/or internal business practices and works to implement solutions
- Demonstrate capability of independently publishing papers and presenting at client and/or professional meetings representing Lonza Quakertown expertise
- Effectively communicate scientific concepts internally and externally in verbal and written format, including preparing guidance documents
- Travels to and works collaboratively with other sites within the Lonza network on cross-site projects
- Bachelors degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or related technical Discipline require
- Exhibit strong leadership in scientific thought, operational excellence and execution, mentorship, and supporting client interactions
- Uses systematic approaches to ensure customer key metrics are tracked and analyzed for continuous improvement
- Supports others in taking responsibility for a safe and sustainable environment
- Takes personal accountability for defining and implementing his/her own development and supports others to do the same
- Fundamental disciplines for Product Development scientists include: transport phenomena (heat, mass, momentum), thermodynamics, applied mathematics/modeling, physical chemistry, analytical science, materials science, PK/PD/bioperformance, and reaction kinetics/chemistry
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.