United States, Rochester (New York)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) has an opportunity for a Warehouser in our Rochester, NY plant. We’re looking for someone with high sensitivity and adherence to operating procedures and safety. Responsible for maintaining cGMP standards of position in daily tasks and operations.
- Accepts direction well from Team and Supervision and take personal initiative to learns daily work flow (warehouse process).
- Responsible for supporting the administration of Lonza’s philosophy “The Vision is Zero” in his/her job routine.
Assist with the order process, picking material to order completion, operate stretch wrapper and assist with loading LTL and Export containers/trailers.
- Prepare manufactured products to standard; labels applied straight, cleaned, sealed, batch verification, container and pallet inspection).
- Keep the work are clean and free of trash and debris.
Forklift operation- must be able to inspect, drive and work in warehouse environment
Container loading- must be able to assist with preparing shipping containers for transport.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent Required
Some warehouse experience preferred
May train employees to process on which he/she is trained
- Forklift experience preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.