Manufacturing Science and Technology Senior Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will support the technical transfer of manufacturing processes (either Upstream or Downstream) using a defined structured approach between Process Development, through pilot stage to current Good Manufacturing Practice manufacturing. The role will be to provide technical support via project teams to develop the required technical process documentation in collaboration with external customers as well as other cross-functional team members to provide oversight through to a robust capable current Good Manufacturing Practice scale process.
- Represents Manufacturing Science and Technology within multiple customer product project teams using a standard methodology/procedure to successfully transfer both defined as well as complex process stages either into Upstream or in Downstream operations from development through to current Good Manufacturing Practice manufacturing. Be accountable for the identification & introduction of new raw materials for pilot and production scale batches, work cross-functionally to ensure relevant transfer and communication of critical process and technical information such that projects meet the required deadlines/customer outcomes. Actively communicate with the customer via both face-to-face meeting and telecoms.
- Accountable for on plant technical support, process monitoring/training of required critical unit operations and off line completion of Quality systems e.g. deviation, change controls, Corrective Action & Preventive Action’s working effectively in cross-functional teams to deliver improvements to deadlines. Experts in process data analysis
- Contributes to the resolution of identified manufacturing process issues through leading RCA procedures to ensure continuous improvements are made to the current Good Manufacturing Practice process. Will work with Subject Matter Expert’s to develop knowledge base and deeper process understanding and also support as needed junior level team members on specific technical problem resolution
- Proactively anticipates and evaluates technical challenges within area of expertise and is self-managed in resolving deviations, unit operations including interaction and strong communication with both internal and external team(s) resources to achieve successful outcomes and to facilitate continual learning through experience and shared learning. Understand new technologies and how they may be applicable to process innovation.
- Bachelor/Master in Biological science or biochemical engineering disciplines
- Has knowledge in field of expertise experience through on the job training and adopting new tasks either from laboratory development or a manufacturing operations back ground
- Significant biotech industry experience/ Doctor of Philosophy in process development and process scale up manufacturing
- Has knowledge in field of expertise e.g. Upstream or Downstream operations preferably in a current Good Manufacturing Practice environment
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work cross functionally both with internal and external customers. Experience in working in cross functional project management and technical transfer activities
- Proven problem solver and multi task individual with track record of implementing improvements, has a good technical attention to detail, communication skills both written and verbal, interpersonal qualities with a continuous improvement positive mind set.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.