United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a QC technologist to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
You will be responsible for conducting Microbiology testing in support of Product Qualifications, Routine Testing and Environmental Monitoring. They will conduct method qualifications practical work and assay approvals for Endotoxin, Bioburden and Microbial Identifications using DNA Sequencing techniques.
You will provide general laboratory support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance and inventory of supplies. Will support routine testing and environmental monitoring of the facility
- Analysis of in-process and final bulk product samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Document results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Provide general lab support including laboratory housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, laboratory cleaning, media and reagent qualifications.
- Conduct problem solving of microbiological methods under the supervision as well as troubleshooting of equipment will also be performed as the employee advances from one level to the next.
- Complete Safety Training.
- Ensure all core GMP training sessions are attended and up to date
- On-going maintenance of own GMP training profile ensuring training has taken place in appropriate aspects of activities.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
What we need you to have:
- Bachelor of Science, preferred area of study: Microbiology or Biology
- Basic understanding and execution of microbiological and environmental monitoring analysis e.g. bioburden, water sampling and testing.
- Understanding of Microbiological techniques
- Team player, good time management and good communication skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.