Global Head of Hydrazine Business
United States, Lake Charles (Louisiana)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Global Head of Hydrazine provides direction and strategy to the development and execution of the business plans for Lonza’s Hydrazine portfolio. You will need to deliver targeted sales volumes, margins EBIT and working capital targets for the Hydrazine business. This position is located in Lake Charles, LA and can not be done remotely.
- Manages the US Government Contract. Ensuring that all contract obligations are met and maintains close contact with Government officials. Develops strategy for next contract.
- Develops, recommends and executed strategic plans to achieve key sales, financial targets based on market intelligence for the Hydrazine business.
- Develops annual budget and BSRs.
- Responsible for approximately 75% of global and regional sales.
- Manage EMEA and NAFTA sales efforts by working closely with regional Sales Teams.
- Sets prices and allocates product as required.
- Manages key Hydrazine Solutions supply contract.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition and supply/demand.
- Closely works with Operations at the plant relating to product availability.
- Manages customer service to ensure products are delivered as promised.
- Responsible for developing and writing quality management procedures specific to client requirements.
- Extensive collaboration with wide-range stakeholders.
- 25% travel between the US, Mexico and Globally.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- BS or MS in Chemical Engineering required
- 10+ years in the Chemical Industry with a deep understanding of commercial management required
- 5-10 years in advanced Government Contacts and sales and negotiation
- High level of commercial acumen and financial planning skills
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.