Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As our Cell & Gene Therapy business grows, we are looking to further strengthen our manufacturing team in Tuas, Singapore . You will be responsible for the manufacture of therapeutic cell products under current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP) conditions. Working closely with a team of Technical personnel and Subject Method Experts, Cell Therapy Biotechnologists are expected to execute cGMP Cell Therapy production activities through to filling of final dose product within a stringent cGMP clean room environment.
As a member of the Cell Therapy Manufacturing team, the aim of this position is to develop expert technical knowledge and flawless execution of the Cell Therapy production process. This position could be an ideal opportunity for someone with an interest in Cell Therapy wanting to develop their production career in a different technical/scientific area.
- Complies with site/department EHS standards (policies, rules and regulations)
- Attains a thorough understanding of the principles of cGMP compliance and clean room practices
- Contributes to appropriate maintenance of ‘in-operation’ production facilities and equipment e.g. cleaning & sanitization, equipment monitoring, sampling, pH and conductivity checks
- Solution and medium preparation followed by aseptic filtration into sterile containers
- Revival and culturing of anchorage dependent cell lines in static flasks and cell factories
- Harvest and concentration of cell factory generated cell cultures using tangential flow filtration or/and centrifugation
- Final formulation and filling of vials
- Visual inspection and cryopreservation
- Participation in Aseptic Process Simulations
- Accurate and thorough completion of batch record documentation
- Environmental monitoring (viable particulates, non-viable particulates, surface and operator)
- Formulation of media and aseptic filling of media bags and bottles
- Diploma / Degree in Science disciplines or working experience in biopharmaceutical industry or cleanroom environment
- Knowledge of cell culture and the principles of aseptic processing within a classified environment is not essential, but an advantage
- Strong team oriented work ethic
- Attention to detail
- Planning, Organizing, & Controlling
- Effective Communication - clear and concise (both written and oral)
- Team player
- Able to work on rotating shifts, inclusive of weekends and Public Holidays
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.