Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- Support the implementation of OT software
- Improve management of, and access to, business-critical scientific data for all scientific disciplines across LONZA
- Provide hands-on operational support (technology, out-of-the-box configurations, process and content) for installed solutions.
- If at a senior level, may author GxP business and technical requirements, use cases, process flow document, create robust test plans and scripts, execute testing, support user acceptance testing, and perform production rollout.
- Responsible for the data integrity and quality/compliance of the core informatics systems
- Support the end user base in using the above software/systems, to assist in search, transformation and reporting of scientific data to customers and management.
- Perform high level system administration of OT systems: managing the user roles, including their configurations, security rights and access rights
- Perform help desk functions for more complex problems, including problem tracking, analysis, resolution, escalation, and coordination
- Perform other duties as assigned
- For early phase, will support the equipment IOQ activities. The later phase of this position will be involved in general laboratory support including but not limited to equipment purchase and daily check, calibration and maintenance, inventory of supplies, sample management, original data backup etc.
- Responsible for lab related system update and training as required including but not limited to e-record, general equipment and software usage etc.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent (Biological Sciences, Bioinformatics, Biological Engineering, Chemical Engineering with relevant experience in computer system or equivalent)
- Have some knowledge about theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis
- Good problem solving skills
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Good team working skills; is willing to take on new challenges, works as an active member of the team
- Experience of laboratory computer systems such as LIMS, EWB, Empower, LMS, SDMS etc
- Experience working within a formal Quality Management System (cGxP/ISO)
- Fluency in written and spoken English will be advantageous
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.