Raw Material Supervisor, Quality Control
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Raw Materials Supervisor, Quality Control (QC) is responsible for oversight of the raw materials program including development of raw material specifications, qualification, and testing in accordance with applicable regulatory guidelines and internal policy. Manages the team of analysts responsible for sampling, testing, and shipment of raw material samples to contract labs.
- Responsible for oversight of the LHI raw material program including development of policies and procedures to ensure alignment with applicable regulatory guidelines and Lonza corporate policy.
- Leads the assessment of new and current raw materials to identify appropriate test plans per applicable guidelines. Participates in the authoring, review, and approval of raw material specifications.
- Communicates with subcontract labs to obtain information regarding capabilities, test timelines, and costs for testing unable to be performed in-house.
- Responsible for scheduling daily sampling/testing and ensuring that all work complies with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) regulations and meets customer requirements/needs.
- Monitors and tracks the sampling, testing/shipment, and release of incoming materials requiring QC testing
- Writes, revises, and reviews Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Maintains an adequate inventory of supplies needed for all raw material sampling including but not limited to pipets, containers, and consumables.
- Bachelor’s degree in life sciences required as well as advanced experience in a related field
- Previous cGMP experience required
- Must be familiar with chromatography, spectroscopy, wet chemistry and compendial testing.
- Able to easily find and understand applicable regulatory and compendial guidelines
- Should possess knowledge of how to execute team methods/procedures and operate equipment.
- Develops training plans and performs identification and remediation of training gaps.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of SAP and TrackWise systems a plus.
- Uses experience and knowledge to solve problems, make decisions or make plans for their area. Makes recommendations for department. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve results may cause delays in schedules.
- Demonstrated experience in management of complex tasks and projects.
- Can clearly and confidently communicate expectations effectively to all members of their team.
- Motivates team to be flexible and to respond to planned and unplanned or unanticipated changes with speed and confidence
- Champions change speaking positively to and about others in all situations. Encourages a positive, solutions-focus attitude in all team members
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.