United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The gel melt operator is responsible for obtaining raw materials needed to make gelatin melts and Titanium Dioxide (TiO2) to fulfill the dispensing needs of the Gel Prep area while supporting the manufacture of hard capsules.
- Ability to multitask/operate multiple dispense stations at once
- Must be able to communicate verbally with team members
- Preparation of gelatin solution and titanium dioxide suspension for the manufacture of empty gelatin capsules
- Communicate to oncoming shift melt operator all important information pertinent to operation
- Follow formula card and add raw material to designated batch
- Manage formulas to keep gel available at all times
- Operate forklift to move raw materials
- Ability to weigh ingredients within specified tolerance
- Measure viscosity and pH using correct equipment
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and/or work area
- Maintain production records as required by Good Manufacturing Practices
- High School Diploma
- Must score a 50 or less on the Farnsworth-Munsell 100-Hue Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Ability to work with percentages, decimals, and fractions and do related calculations
- Ability to accurately use precision weighing equipment
- Lift, push, and pull objects up to 50 lbs.
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.