QC Microbiology Scientist
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a QC Microbiology Scientist to join our QC team. As our QC Scientist, you will act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support technology transfer, validation, deviation support, and investigation projects. You will also be performing high-level laboratory work and will be the Subject Matter Expert for one or more of our disciplines.
- Protocol and report writing for microbial method transfers/validations/investigations.
- Perform assay work for microbial method transfers/validations/investigations.
- Troubleshoot microbial method and investigate aberrant results.
- Optimize microbial method and implement new technologies.
- Bachelor or Associates Degree. Preferred area of study in Microbiology, Biochemistry or Related Science Fields.
- Significant experience with various Endotoxin testing platforms (chromogenic, turbidimetric, etc.).
- Significant knowledge of microbial culture requirements and taxonomy.
- Strong working experience within cGMP industry.
- Previous experience using GMP Quality Systems (ex. TrackWise).
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams and projects.
- Experience with speaking publicly. Able to maintain control of meetings as required.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.