Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Quality Manager for Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) in Visp, Switzerland. You support and promote continuous improvement activities and initiatives to realize efficiency improvements, customer satisfaction and cost reductions as needed.
- Maintenance of activities to ensure manufacture and delivery of LSI products on time in full, according to product relevant quality management system
- Organization and execution of internal and external audits with support the internal stakeholder
- Ensure that an effective Supplier Qualification program is in place
- Support a working understanding of the ISO 9001, Feed and Food, Aerospace and cosmetic accreditation process and where appropriate provide support during routine accreditation audits and ongoing maintenance
- QA-Reporting: ensure capture and reporting of LSI QA KPI’s and actively analyse KPI trends, performance metrics, customer complaints, vendor performance to establish a compliant and continuous improvement culture
- Bachelor or Master in Chemistry or other relevant scientific discipline
- Min. of 3-5 years in the chemical industries and experience in production, QA, QC or logistic advantageous
- Passion for the continuous improvement process and high customer focus and service mentality linked with assertiveness in order to reach and implement superior goals
- Good knowledge of Specialty Ingredients and regulations related to food, feed, Aerospace and cosmetic materials as well as a sound base understanding of ISO 9001
- Good communication skills in English and German is essential
- Excellent organisational skills, prioritisation in a fast-moving environment and independent working style
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.