Associate Principal Scientist - MSAT
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Manufacturing, Science & Technology (MSAT) plays a critical role in the successful transition of innovative technology and biologics process technical transfer oversight from laboratory to cGMP manufacturing scales providing our customers with range of services in the realization of the next generation of therapeutic molecules with one mission “making tomorrows medicines today”!
Supporting the technical transfer of manufacturing processes, the role will be to provide technical support via project teams to develop the required technical process documentation in collaboration with external customers as well as other cross-functional team members to provide oversight through to a robust cGMP scale process.
The technical diversity, strong teamwork and cross functional collaboration in a fast paced working environment makes the MSAT roles dynamic, exciting and rewarding offering excellent personal and professional development within the function and across the Lonza global network.
- To represent MSAT within multiple customer product project teams using a standard procedure to successfully transfer both defined and/or complex process stages either into upstream (USP) or downstream (DSP) operations from development through to GMP manufacturing
- To be accountable for the identification and introduction of new raw materials for pilot and production scale batches
- To be accountable for the management of technical risks associated with process transfer
- To work cross functionally to ensure relevant transfer and communication of critical process and technical information such that projects meet the required deadlines/ customer outcomes
- To actively communicate with the customer via face to face and telecoms
- To be accountable for on plant technical support
- To contribute to the resolution of identified manufacturing process issues through leading root cause analysis (RCA) procedures to ensure continuous improvements are made to the GMP process
- To work with the subject matter expert to develop knowledge base and deeper process understanding and also support as needed junior level team members on specific technical problem resolution
- To proactively anticipate and evaluate technical challenges within area of expertise
- BSc/MSc or PhD in science related disciplines
- Mammalian and/or microbial background
- Proven experience in a drug substance environment
- Strong knowledge in laboratory development and/or a manufacturing operations background
- Be a recognized expert in field USP and/or DSP drug substance operations from working in a cGMP environment
- Have a successful technical transfer expertise gained from a drug substance manufacturing environment
- Have demonstrable experience working in cross functional project management and technical transfer activities with ability to multi task, prioritize and be an effective decision maker
- Have a deep understanding of manufacturing process as a whole
- Strong interpersonal skills are required with ability to work cross functionally with internal and external customers
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.