Finance Director/Operations Controller
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Great opportunity for Finance Director / Operational Controller! We are looking for applicants with a passion for Operational Finance in a Production environment who have a high energy level to contribute to the growth of our dynamic facility in Greenwood, SC. The Finance Director is the Finance Operational Business Partner of the site head. This person is responsible for leading all financial analysis for the site. You will provide services to all Business Units (BU) and segment on site such as analysis, consolidation, reporting and support.
- You will be accountable to provide consolidated site information to the BU. Ensures the OPS/BU strategy is translated into the financial target per site/asset where needed and strongly participates to the S&OP-process: Short term and actual revenue tracking and planning (prod and services).
- Ensure proper flow of communication and coordination between Operations and BU finance business partners.
- The Greenwood Finance Director is accountable for all finance matters on site: This person is taking an oversight on BSO (Business Service Unit) activities in cooperation with the GBSO/Shared Service organization and is responsible for Greenwood trial balances, financial compliance and facilitate the implementation of the Lonza Finance Target Operating model.
- Provides finance leadership to the site Leadership team - Overall direction and coordination, relative to the development and submission of the site Financial & Business Plans, including all required analyses and metrics.
- Responsible for Financial consolidation and reporting. Monthly closing and reporting to Group Control in accordance with IFRS (International Financial Reporting Standards)
- Develops monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reports, including periodic forecasts and outlooks.
- Evaluates procedures employed in various departments and functions as to the adequacy for internal control (ICS) purposes.
- The Greenwood Finance Director might be involved in major Growth, restructuring and productivity efficiency initiatives, depending on the BU priorities.
- You will directly manage the controlling team on site.
- Bachelor’s in Business Administration / Preferred area of study: Finance and/or Accounting; MBA Preferred
- Advanced experience in a large multi-national manufacturing environment preferably in a Biotech/Pharma vertical.
- Knowledge of current accounting regulations; strong GAAP (Generally accepted accounting principles) and IAS (Internal Audit Systems) standards knowledge.
- Experience working with SAP is required.
- People and functional leadership, skilled at cost analysis, budgeting, and financial reporting in a manufacturing organization.
- Demonstrate track record in reporting accuracy and professional integrity.
- Ability to interpret and explain financial information and projections.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.