Engineer, Supply Chain
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Greenwood, SC is looking for supply chain dynamo that is excited about how they can make an impact on our entire business. We enable our customers to build brands and stand out from their competition by delivering interesting and innovative dosage forms, typically in the health and nutrition space. The role you will play in our customers’ businesses could take you from the moments a budding company sprouts with their first idea through the corporate lifecycle to optimizing mature/global product lines, keeping our customers profitable and relevant. From the “I have an idea” moments on one end of our customer base to optimizing legacy products (brands that you will surely know) on the other end. Sure, Supply Chain engineers have a specific role in all of this. They don’t have to specifically formulate products, actually make them or even ship them. You’ll make sure all of this happens with increasing levels of precision and results in a solid foundation for our dynamite sales team can bring us the next opportunity with confidence.
Don’t ignore this opportunity. This isn’t a boring supply chain engineering role that sticks you in a warehouse and tells you to count the trucks leaving. This is about creating new things, we just need someone to help organize all of the excitement.
- Build systems and processes to enable our business
- Listening to customer needs and converting them into internal actions/plans
- Ensure on time delivery to our customers, Order-to-Cash cycle
- Planning production horizon to meet customer needs, including high profile launches
- Facilitate sourcing interesting materials, which are sometimes complex supply chains of their own
- Raw material delivery performance (on time, quality, volume, expedited costs)
- Improve internal efficiencies across the organization
- Forecasting capacity needs across an increasingly diverse portfolio and global footprint
- Material/inventory management
- Mine data to find opportunities to improve everything about our business
- BS degree in Accounting, Management or Engineering with experience in Supply Chain and/or Operations
- Demonstrated end-to-end supply chain savviness
- Exceptional communications skills to all levels of organizations both internal and on the customer side
- Highly self-motivated with ability to drive positive change by team building and gaining support from people and resources across the enterprise, entrepreneurial.
- Demonstrated project leadership experience
- Excellent PC skills and technical savvy
- SAP experience a plus
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and team interaction skills.
- To get all of this done you may need to travel occasionally, to customers, vendors, internal meetings, etc
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.