Specialist 3 (Indirect Sourcing)
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Role will be responsible to plan and source for a group of commodity assigned for the business.
- Involvement with daily operations to source materials and services for Singapore Operation.
- Maintain SAP info records for current pricing structures of items/spare parts purchased.
- Develop as necessary Request for Quotes for Purchase category assigned.
- Participates and lead in contract reviews and provides comments as required.
- Knowledge and understanding of Terms and Conditions to communicate effectively to suppliers.
- Maintain proper paper trails for all purchase order expenditures showing all approvals.
- Work closely with the internal stakeholders to provide Sourcing services for small to medium scale Capital projects which will involve requesting quotes, negotiation, bid analysis, requisition building assistance to purchase order follow up to help bring projects to a successful completion.
- Provide necessary service for the Sourcing group to manage it’s part of the spare parts forms by verifying information provided and/or negotiating quotes and properly verifying the necessary paperwork to implement spare parts into SAP.
- Responsible for projects assigned to implement service level agreements, non-disclosures, vendor additions, following through with key stakeholders to implement requisitions.
- Negotiate best possible cost savings/avoidance on all requisitions assigned. Log all results on Department cost savings/avoidance log.
- Analyze data to determine best possible solutions, whether requisition-based or transaction-reduction-based and implement necessary corrective actions.
- Able to identify and act on situations or impending event which will require escalation and communicates to appropriate levels.
- Ensure compliance with purchasing policies, procedures and ethics guidelines are adhered.
- Ability to lead RFQ and conduct guidance to end-user on purchasing policy
- Participate in Kaizen/Hoshin/OE event(s), so as to provide business with process improvements in terms of cost and/or time savings opportunities etc.
- Participates in Customer Project Team meetings and represents Sourcing Team.
- Able to assume responsibility for actions assigned to Sourcing Specialists from Internal Project Team.
- Ability to handle multiple projects with minimal supervision and to effectively lead Supply Chain initiatives.
- Able to propose agreements with suppliers in some of the main terms and conditions, seeking the most cost effective strategy
- Complete necessary projects / duties as assigned by the Department Manager or Head of Supply Chain Management
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Diploma or Degree in procurement, logistics or equivalence.
- Minimum 5 years’ of inventory management / procurement working experience with at least 3 years experience in procurement.
- White Belt Certified.
- Understanding of overall Procurement Planning process and how it applies to material requirements planning (MRP).
- Understanding of importance of master data integrity in relation to GMP and SOP requirements.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of SAP inventory screens.
- A team player.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.