Quality Control Viral Vector Analyst Lead (2nd Shift)
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Quality Control (QC) Viral Vector Lead performs routine or specialized testing as needed to support manufacture, release, and stability testing of Viral Vector products. The QC Viral Vector lead also assists with execution of general lab support activities and provides support to the Manager with scheduling of routine tasks in the lab.
- Performs cell culture, molecular biology, and Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based testing in support of manufacture, release, and stability testing of Viral Vector products.
- Reports test results and maintains raw data and accurate laboratory records.
- Drafts, edits, and revises documents, including but not limited to, protocols, Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), sampling plans, Certification of Authenticity (CoA) templates, and product or material specifications.
- Performs periodic maintenance and qualification of laboratory equipment.
- Develops training programs for specialized and advanced activities. Trains trainers on how to deliver effective on the job training. Aids in development of training plans and identification of training gaps.
- Executes general lab support activities as needed.
- Experience performing cell culture, molecular biology (Western Blot, ELISA), and PCR based methods in a Quality Control setting required.
- Working knowledge of cGMP policies and procedures.
- Exposure to viral vector or virology is desired.
- Able to develop and deliver training programs for specialized and advanced activities.
- Aids in development of training plans and identification of training gaps.
- Proficient in the use of spreadsheets, databases, and word processing software.
- Knowledge of SAP and TrackWise systems a plus.
- Uses experience and knowledge to solve problems, make decisions or make plans for their area.
- Demonstrated experience in management of complex tasks and projects.
- Able to communicate status, needs, forecasts, risks and timelines effectively to management.
- Motivates team to be flexible and to respond to planned and unplanned or unanticipated changes with speed and confidence
- Champions change speaking positively to and about others in all situations. Encourages a positive, solutions-focus attitude in all team members
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.