Bioprocess Engineer USP
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Ibex™ Solutions, our recently launched unique biological manufacturing and development concept in Visp, Switzerland, we have multiple openings. Become part of this exciting opportunity and join our team by applying for the position as Bioprocess Engineer for Ibex™. Lonza is seeking Bioprocess Engineers with a relevant background in Life Sciences. If you bring a passion for Biotechnology and want to make a difference in your career apply now. Ibex™ is a campus of five manufacturing complexes with agile capability at every stage of development and manufacture. The Ibex™ campus is based in Visp in the middle of the Swiss Alps, which is an inspiring place to work.
- Responsible for the planning, the execution and documentation of manufacturing campaigns in the area of mammalian cell culture
- Leads multi-disciplinary project teams as Functional Lead for all manufacturing aspects of assigned the products
- Responsible to establish timely and qualitatively the required production documentation specific to the assigned production area.
- Responsible to State of the art regulatory requirements are implemented in corresponding asset and products
- Perform manufacturing activities according to cGMP guidelines, ensuring batch execution, evaluating test results, resolving issues, troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and make recommendations for resolution
- Working as production expert in Capital investment projects for building and commissioning of the manufacturing units; main responsible for delivering all input required for the specific set-up, commissioning and qualification of the manufacturing suites and equipment including automation
- Responsible for implementation of the relevant GMP documents for the respective area
- Responsible for training of the operators for the manufacturing of the assigned products
- Supports Plant Manager (Produktionsleiter, Anlageteamleiter) and Head Manufacturing Staff in training and planning tasks
- Represent Lonza Manufacturing unit during customer audits and visits
- Executes innovation and improvement projects comprising general manufacturing aspects for the production plant
- Ensures a high level of technical and process standardization within the production plant
- Bachelor / Master Degree, preferred area of study: Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Broad biotechnology expertise and/or knowledge in biotechnical engineering preferable in the area of Mammalian cell culture
- Fluent in both German and English
- GMP understanding
- Strong leadership skills; very good communication skills and interaction with all kinds of interfaces within the organization
- Strong team orientation
- Structured, focused and well-organized working attitude; open-minded for new ideas and suggestions
- High motivation and dynamic drive; solution-oriented
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.