United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for changing all gelatin feed tanks (GFT) and performing other tasks on hard capsule machines (HCM) for Lonza Greenwood. It is also responsible for the operation of the Borsor, Unisor, ILD and iBox that capsules run on for Lonza Greenwood.
- Operate Borsor, Unisor, ILD, and iBox to specifications posted in the booth and/or shown on the CMO
- Create empty boxes
- Measure capsule moisture
- Obtain samples for sampling requirements (micro, Capsize, rep sample, special testing, etc)
- Prepare box for tumbling and operate the tumbler
- Refill containers of glide enhancement
- Perform foreign capsule and equipment checks
- Disposition boxes via scanning with quality decision and location
- Monitor Borsor/Unisor/iBox for backups and clear backups
- Change GFT at the HCM
- Remove hard capsules machine scrap from the booth
- Responsible for housekeeping of production areas to ensure they maintain the appearance of a world class manufacturing environment
- Responsible for cleaning and sanitizing equipment and/or work area
- Perform tasks associated with GFTs (stirring GFT, sampling GFT, etc)
- Monitor SCADA and stack lights for alarms
- Document information in IQS and react according to feedback/alarms
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts, including weekends, holidays, etc.
- Must be able to work additional hours/days as business needs dictate
- Attendance in the plant site is considered an essential function.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Must score a 100 or less on Color Test
- Must have passing scores of 4 on all required Work Keys (Math, Reading, Locating, and Observation) and a 36 on Bennett Mechanical Testing
- Basic computer skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.