Sales Manager Paints & Decorative Coatings – DACH
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You are responsible for the sales of functional additives with a focus on preservation in Paints & Decorative Coatings to existing and new accounts in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Implement and monitor local sales strategies for the sale of functional additives with a focus on industrial preservation
- Develop and drive new business opportunities
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive business plan to achieve sales goals for assigned customers
- Maintain and improve customer relationships in various functions such as Purchasing, R&D, Regulatory and Quality Management to ensure a high level of customer services and satisfaction, including strategy meetings with customer’s senior management to understand their needs and link them to the organizations’ strategies
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales objectives, while ensuring the optimum customer experience satisfaction
- Revise lead generation plans to generate a substantive sales opportunity pipeline
- Demonstrate Sales Excellence, i.e. accurate forecasting, call reports, market monitoring, sales plans, competition analysis, customer relationship management
- Coordinate and communicate customer needs and market intelligence within Lonza to Technical Support, Regulatory, R&D and Marketing
- Build and maintain an effective network within LSI
- Actively represent our business at trade shows and conferences.
- BSc or MSc in Chemistry or Industrial engineering, combined with sales experience
- Relevant experience in Specialty Chemical Industry
- Proven knowledge of paints & decorative coatings and/or polymer industry ideally with experience in biocides
- Planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a highly complex matrix environment
- Effective listening skills, independent and self-directed for managing existing business and new opportunities
- Proactive with high self-motivation to achieve goals without supervision
- Culturally aware and experienced in working in an international environment
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy, high energy and positive attitude
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in German and English with ability to articulate key technical concepts.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.