Head Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability - Site Visp
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Visp is looking out for a leader as Head Environment, Health, Safety and Sustainability (EHS&S) for our Pharma & Biotech entity.
- Lead a team of experts in Occupational Safety & Permits, Process Safety &
PS Lab, Industrial Hygiene & Biosafety, environment, business continuity, risk management, and work and communicate with them steadily to enhance service to stakeholders, reflecting the requirements of widely differing operations, maintenance, engineering, logistics etc.
- Support and steadily work with all management functions in the site including the site management team, production buildings, and infrastructure teams
- Create transparency with a safety & sustainability roadmap and aligned key performance indicators. Drive reporting according to international standards
- Work easily across functions, with commercial, customers, health authorities, and the Corporate Safety & Sustainability group of Lonza
- Network easily with internal and external stakeholders, including our on-site partner companies, contractors, the Visp community, administration and represent Lonza AG externally
- The candidate should have a science or engineering degree, and should be able to demonstrate proficiency and successful career steps in a similar complex environment in EHS&S for at least 10 years in an multi-national company
- Personality and team-orientation is key for us, as well as innovation, service orientation, and impact-driven leadership
- Industry and EHS&S experience should be as broad as the entity. With experience in larger scale biologic and chemical pharma operations, the candidate should be working well with all facets of production and supply chain, including their limitations and commercial pressures. Production experience is desired.
- Language fluency in German and English and are prerequisites, French is an advantage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.