Senior Associate Scientist, QC
Singapore, Tuas Singapore
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Associate Scientist will act as a representative of the Quality Control department who will participate in all internal and external team meetings and is the POC for all QC-related activities. The QC role applies job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks. The role will encompass a good understanding of various techniques such as Microbiology, Analytical and Biochemistry. The role will also encompass a good understanding of various GMP projects such as Assay Transfer, Stability Study, Equipment Qualification, Cleaning Validation and Trending..
- Work with tech transfer teams for introduction of new processes or change in existing process; act as responsible lab designee.
- Work inter-departmentally to enhance communications at all levels and ensure that work activities, compliance and documentation issues are resolved.
- Direct customer interaction is required.
- Strong ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Own & Lead Special projects, often complex in nature; including direct responsibility for leading various project teams to successful completion of various projects.
- Maintains knowledge of new technologies.
- Ability to trouble shoot all applicable equipment/ methods issues involving data mining, trending and analysis to identify problems.
- Lead/write reports for Method Qualification / Validation, Investigations.
- Perform/manage equipment qualification.
- Contributor to Annual Product Reviews and other Regulatory documents.
- Acts as advisor to junior / testing staff to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent.
- 6-8 years of relevant work experience, preferably lab experience in a biotech QC related field.
- Well versed in cGMP regulations.
- Experience in executing method transfer, qualification and/or validation.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.