Accounts Payable Clerk (German speaking)
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The German speaking Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing effective, efficient financial and administrative operations. To be responsible for processing all accounts payable transactions including processing of Travel and Expense reports, ensuring all invoices received are processed for payment in an accurate, efficient and timely manner. This role has become available due to exciting growth within the team and our Shared Service center, the role provides a great opportunity to join a business that continues to grow, succeed and make a meaningful difference. You will be allocated to invoice processing or invoice query team depending on workloads.
- Timely accurate processing of high volume of purchase invoices, approximately 100 per day
- Analyze and minimize unmatched outstanding items and chase through queries
- Process, reconcile and report on Inter-Company vendors
- Processing of high volume of travel expense reports
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors
- Investigate and initiate queries with vendors in a timely manner
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to R2R/AR functions (Record 2 Report & Accounts Receivable).
- Good level of accounting experience
- Preferred area of study: AAT (Association of Accounting Technicians)
- Ideally within SSC ( Shared Service Center)
- ERP (SAP) and excellent Excel skills (including vlookups and pivot tables) and OCR (Optical Character Recognition)
- Confident telephone
- Fluent German essential
- Adaptable and solid team player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritise work, demonstrate accuracy and pay attention to detail, meet deadlines. Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained, work in a mature, courteous and professional manner
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.