Process Expert Downstream Processing(MSAT)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Process Expert DSP . As a member of the MSAT (Manufacturing Science & Technology) Team for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing you are responsible for the successful scale up, supervision and optimization of microbial processes. As a leader in process science and manufacturing aspects you share the manufacturing responsibility as a long term process owner.
- As a process expert you are responsible to lead cross functional teams tasked with technology transfers (process design and upscaling) and timely process implementation at manufacturing scale. This includes the whole lifecycle of assigned projects from planning over coordination, implementation, control and project completion aligned with project management goals.
- As an MSAT process expert for Downstream Processing (DSP) you act as the interface between the process donor (customer, process development) and operations.
- In this function you are responsible to ensure process scalability and manufacturability mainly for chromatography, ultrafiltration and end fill steps.
- You secure technology transfer success by applying formal processes and tools to manage the transfer of information, process related risks and change control.
- You directly communicate with customers during campaign preparation, execution and closure including daily reporting of batch status and performance.
- You are responsible for the resolution of process issues that may arise during manufacturing, considering all regulatory requirements.
- You compile process related deviations and change requests.
- You ensure timely compilation of campaign reports and related documentations.
- Ph.D. or Master degree in Life Sciences (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or Chemistry) or above
- Fluent in German and English (Min. B2 Level)
- 2+ years of experience in Process Expert (Downstream Processing) positions or equivalent
- Critical Thinking Skills: ability to think quickly, often solving problems as they arise
- Good Organization skills and attention to details
- Ability to work across a complex matrix environment
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.