United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Process Engineer will make decisions related to achieving production objectives, and GMP compliance and serve as a positive ambassador of change in the organization to motivate work force to produce short and long term demand forecast volumes.
- Required to maintain a portfolio of cost saving/process improvement projects which will consist of (a) active projects, (b) projects in the pipeline, and (c) projects at conceptual stage.
- Participate and/or lead Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects.
- Responsible for working with various groups (e.g. customers, tech service, quality, production, maintenance) to resolve quality and production issues.
- Generate technical work instructions and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) that will serve as a platform to train manufacturing colleagues.
- Serve as a positive ambassador of change in the organization to motivate work force to produce short and long term demand forecast volumes.
- Participate in Site Environmental efforts/projects and special plant safety activities as needed.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Ability to make sound business decisions in dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working in FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulated environment is preferred
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.