Site Head - India
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Leader for Capsules and Health Ingredients site is based in our Dharuhera Plant, Haryana & is jointly responsible with other business unit leaders to deliver the annual financial commitments for the business unit, owns primary accountability for achieving the site’s manufacturing key performance indicator targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Innovation, People), and oversees long-range strategic initiatives and master planning activities for the site and network. The Site Leader will manage a team of 6 direct reportees plus indirect reportees & will report to VP Operations. .
- Lead, develop and coach a Site Leadership team with shared business objectives and manage continuous improvement and on-going organizational change.
- Maintain and protect Lonza’s hard and soft resources and assets on site, in the community and marketplace.
- Responsible for keeping the site a viable System within the overall CHI Network.
- Responsible for annual spending and capital budgets.
- Responsible for product process development and improvement of existing and new products in all areas of development and manufacturing – cost, quality, safety environment, waste, etc.
- Ensure production output can meet designed capacity. Liaise with Global Operations support teams in a timely manner to develop plans for appropriate capacity for future requirements.
- Reporting: Provide timely all site reports needed for the overall Operations reporting and performance management.
- Ensure a process improvement mind-set to reduce management complexity, improve visibility and use financial information to drive business decisions.
- Drive compliance with all relevant GMP and ISO Quality procedures, programs, guidelines, and work instructions through developing a culture of sustainable quality adherence.
- Provides appropriate coaching and performance feedback to all direct reports and assures that all team members are being developed.
- Annual financial target achievements for revenue, profit, and free cash flow. Enabling responsibilities include but are not limited to : hosting customer visits and ensuring a positive customer experience, innovation and product development as directed by the business unit, oversight of the site’s capital investment development and execution, inventory optimization in collaboration with Supply Chain leaders, margin expansion activities, collaboration with Sales and Marketing on commercial enabling strategies
- Leading the site to ensure a highly effective organization, fully compliant with appropriate cGMP and EHS legislation.
- Managing employee unions and ensuring a healthy working environment in IR sensitive area of Haryana with focus on management objectives
- BE/BTech - MBA would be an advantage with considerable experience and background in pharmaceutical or nutritional products business in international Companies.
- Experience in capsules manufacturing is highly desirable
- Proven track record of delivering results against short and medium term goals
- Proven ability to identify and fix problems at all levels across all functions
- Strong knowledge of GMP & Site management experience
- Experience of working in matrix organizations & managing employee unions and having led negotiation for collective bargaining agreements
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team to face complex business challenges
- Ability to move daily with ease from hands-on to strategic planning
- Occasional national and international travel
- Laboratory and Manufacturing environments
- Strong presence in local community is highly desired
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.