Head of Stability
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Stability to join our Analytical Services department on a full time perm basis.
Reporting to the Head of Analytical Services, this role is pivotal in devising and implementing an ambitious long-term vision and strategy for a dynamic and expanding Stability Department, based in Slough.
In this position, you will have autonomy to devise the technical and financial roadmaps for the department’s on-going success. With >50 members of staff, you will need exceptional people management skills in order to maximize their professional and technical development. This will be key in ensuring the continuing success of the department.
- Developing and delivering the long-term vision of a growing Stability Department
- Responsible for the scientific and financial success of the department
- Provide leadership for the development of technical and scientific capabilities to improve/maintain quality of study activities delivered to Customers
- Identify and deliver work packages in support of drug development and commercial programs
- Devise and deliver the scientific road map for Stability
- Develop and implement efficient work processes across the department, e.g. Lean Lab
- Control, monitor and take action on financial aspects of the department (revenue, profitability, spend and variances)
- Prioritise (with input from key stakeholders) studies and resources for on time delivery of work
- Define and maintain headcount and lab resources within 10 % of agreed targets
- Use regulatory knowledge to ensure that appropriate stability data is provided for IND/BLA submissions
- Be fully aware of and able to further improve GMP systems as applied to stability testing
- Present and represent the Stability Department and the wider Analytical Services to Customers, potential new customers, external meetings and other Lonza sites
- BSc/MSc/PhD in a relevant Biotech/Pharma subject
- Extensive experience in Analysis/Development/Manufacture of large molecule drug substances/products
- Advanced experience of Business Improvement methods
- Be a change leader who can anticipate changes, and challenges to work differently when the business environment requires
- Be able to work collaboratively across different functions and sites
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.