Facilities and Engineering Specialist - Electrical 2nd Shift
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for a mid-career professional to grow with us. We have this exciting opportunity in the Engineering group for a Facilities and Engineering Specialist – Electrical 2nd Shift who will be responsible for support and improve the manufacturing operations and the delivery of reliable operation and maintenance of the Houston Site Facilities
- Perform Site electrical activities
- Repairs, installs, troubleshoots, calibrate, and documents work performed on instruments, process control systems, and equipment used in manufacturing process.
- Participates in new equipment start-up to ensure it meets all operational requirements and/or parameters.
- Execute equipment Preventive Maintenance activities
- Assists in mechanical service calls and in-house repairs throughout the facility and grounds.
- Performs general repairs throughout facility
- Support weekend on-call response
- Assists in the development, revision and updating of Standard Operating Procedures.
- Revises, maintains and/or implements preventive maintenance procedures for the chillers, air handler units, refrigeration equipment, cooling towers, electric generators, autoclaves and other manufacturing and laboratory equipment as required.
- Make entries into CMMS database which includes but is not limited to asset maintenance, creation and closure of work orders, tracking scheduled maintenance and calibration
- Perform task in clean room environment in compliance with applicable gowning procedures.
- Associate Degree in Electronics or related field preferred with Senior Level experience in pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing process
- BS Degree in Electronics or related field preferred, with Advanced Level experience in pharmaceutical or biotech manufacturing process
- Excellent written and oral communication to include accurate and legible
- Electrician’s License preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.