Process Expert Upstream Processing (MSAT)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our site in Visp we are looking for a Process Expert Upstream Processing (USP). As a member of the MSAT (Manufacturing Science & Technology) Team for Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing you are responsible for the successful scale up, supervision and optimization of microbial processes. As a leader in process science and manufacturing aspects you share the manufacturing responsibility as a long term process owner.
- As an MSAT process expert you act as the interface between the process donor (customer, process development) and operations. In this function you are responsible to ensure process scalability and manufacturability.
- You secure technology transfer success by applying formal processes and tools to manage the transfer of information, process related risks and change control.
- You directly communicate with customers during campaign preparation, execution and closure including daily reporting of batch status and performance.
- You are responsible for the resolution of process issues that may arise during manufacturing, considering all regulatory requirements.
- You compile process related deviations and change requests.
- You ensure timely compilation of campaign reports and related documentations.
- You have experience in microbial fermentation development or biopharmaceutical production processes including primary recovery of the target molecule.
- You are driven by results and capable to keep oversight in difficult situations.
- Experience in problem solving techniques and cGMP regulations is highly desirable.
- As a team player you successfully integrate yourself into interdisciplinary teams along a product's lifecycle.
- You already have some leadership experience within matrix organizations.
- Excellent language skills in English and German complete your profile.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.