Accounts Payable Clerk (French or German speaking)
United Kingdom, Manchester
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible for providing effective, efficient financial and administrative operations. To be responsible for processing all accounts payable transactions including processing of travel and expense reports, ensuring all invoices received are processed for payment in an accurate, efficient and timely manner.
- Processing of high volume of purchase invoices using OCR (optical character recognition) in a timely manner
- Analyse and minimise unmatched outstanding items and chase through queries
- Process, reconcile and report on Inter-Company vendors
- Processing of high volume of travel expense reports
- Develop effective working relationships with both internal departments and vendors
- Investigate and initiate queries with vendors in a timely manner
- Support other areas of the business as and when required. This could include providing project support to R2R/AR (record to report and accounts receiveable) functions
- Level of accounting experience; AAT qualification or equivalent is preferred
- Fluent language skills in French or German
- Accounts payable experience
- Working experience within Shared Service Centre (SSC) environment is preferred with transactional month end closing experience being essential
- Working experience of SAP, OCR and intermediate excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables)
- Adaptable and a team player
- Ability to multi-task
- Demonstrate accuracy and a keen eye for detail
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ensure confidentiality and privacy of information is maintained
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.