Junior Scientist Protein Purification Microbial Pharma&Biotech
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a member of our Microbial Research & Development Team in Lonza Pharma & Biotechnology in Visp you will be involved in the development of processes for the purification of proteins produced in bacteria and yeast cells. You are enthusiastic about innovation and new technologies and enjoy transferring science into processes by working in a collaborative manner in an interdisciplinary team.
- Supporting the development of standardized and scalable downstream platform and primary recovery methodologies for Lonza’s Microbial expression platform XS
- Experimental planning and execution as well as data analysis, documentation and presentation
- Working in a flexible, independent and accurate way
- Experience in chromatographic analytics is a plus, basic experience in fermentation would be advantageous
- Degree in biotechnology, biology, biochemistry or similar
- Experience in protein purification or corresponding analytical methods
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.