Scientific Program Mananger
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are seeking to employ a Project Manager to join our R&D Expression Systems Centre of Excellence. You can be located in either Slough or Cambridge. Travel between Slough and Cambridge will be required to attend project meetings, along with occasional travel to VISP and Basel.
Under the direction of the R&D Manager, the Project Manager will have responsibility and accountability for the development and oversight of operational aspects of cross discipline and cross-functional innovation team and projects. Working with approximately 30 stakeholders within mammalian and microbial cell expression systems, the role requires an individual who excels in managing activities listed in the project timelines. Monitoring budget spend, risk and issues, delivery of output, reporting and escalation of any deviations from the plan. The successful applicant will be able to transition information, organise people and projects, work packages, deliver, and build project plans.
- Facilitate and capture collaboratively derived project scope, milestones, deliverables and risks as well as management of given budget for innovation projects.
- Maintain accurate live project information and status in consultation with Work Package Lead and as outcome from regular team meetings.
- Prioritize and manage multiple work packages with overlapping deadlines.
- Support and motivate multi-disciplinary project teams; keep team members accountable to deliver and informed of any projects linked to their own.
- Conduct Team Meetings both internal as well as with cross functional stakeholders to ensure work is performed according to the Project Plan.
- Work with Project leads and senior management to secure required resources and capacity commitments and obtain buy-in of all relevant stakeholders.
- Represent the Innovation Projects within the Lonza Network and be a project advocate.
- Previous relevant experience in project/program management eg PRINCE
- BSc. Biology/biotechnology or related field required. MSc preferred.
- Experience in biologics /biotech industry
- Strong working experience with MS Office and project management applications (e.g. MS Project, Planview Enterprise One)
- Experience of working in a matrix organisational structure
- Must be able to manage multiple priorities
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Documented ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Understanding of Lonza’s expression and production platforms is desirable
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.