Sales Support Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As part of Lonza Specialty Ingredients (LSI) as a Sales Support Specialist, you will be working remotely as part of the Specialty Chemical Services (SCS) team; however you will work in close collaboration with the EIMEA Sales Manager team in order to maintain and develop relationships at assigned customers and prospects.
- Respond to customer enquiries (Master Data setup, Product information, Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS), regulatory, legal, quality documentation, customer questionnaires)
- Collect and set-up of customer master data
- Create new customer in SAP and manage credit limit request
- Prepare price quotes for Field Sales and SAP price input
- Maintain customer mailing lists and distribute product literature
- Answer inquiries and help with reports, price information, customer information, product information exchange
- Quality complaints investigation and follow up in coordination with Field Sales
- Maintain information on customer relationship database (Salesforce)
- Manage and process sample requests from customers and follow-up in alignment with Field Sales
- Liaise with Customer Service in order to solve customer problems (local customs, taxes, prices, quantities, products or payments).
- Industriekaufmann/-frau, Speditionskaufmann/-frau or similar education
- Similar working experience in a fast paced environment
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Strong customer service orientation
- Capability to challenge the status quo and look for opportunities to make improvements in assigned business areas
- Microsoft Office/ IT tools and SAP skills
- Fluency in both German and English. Additional languages is an advantage.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.