Sales Manager Germany & Benelux
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
You are responsible for the sales of Performance Intermediates & Chemicals (PIC) to existing and new accounts in Germany & Benelux.
- Develop, implement, and monitor local sales strategies for the sale of our Performance Intermediates & Chemicals products in Germany & Benelux.
- Set direction around customer needs and expectations, ensuring proactive and timely responsiveness and regular communication to customers.
- Manage and update forecast for your target portfolio and deliver the sales.
- Manage budgets, forecasts and reports by using our CRM Salesforce.
- Find new opportunities at new customers.
- Actively represent our business at trade shows and conferences.
- Coordinate the regional activities with the global key account organization.
- MSc or PhD in Chemistry, additional Education in Sales is a plus.
- Working experience in Sales in Life Sciences industry, Chemical industry preferred.
- Effective listening skills, independent and self-directed for managing existing business and new opportunities in German & Benelux.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) in German and English with ability to articulate key technical concepts.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, maintaining CRM database, spreadsheet creation and maintenance skills, filing, organization, record keeping.
- Planning skills and ability to manage multiple projects in a highly complex matrix environment.
- Strong, customer-focused philosophy, high energy and positive attitude. High level of detail in tasks.
- Home based in Germany.
- Travel activities: 50 % - 60 % mainly in Germany.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.