Technician, Chemical Lab
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
To prioritize and perform the various testing/analysis in timely manner, in order to support the business requirements. Analysis of bulk product, in-process, raw material or Water system samples according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
• Understand the purpose of the assigned experiment, and perform efficiently the experimental plan to get the results in timely, accurate and detailed way.
• Analysis of bulk product, in-process, raw material or Water system according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
• Record, confirm, summarize and documentate the experimental protocol and results as required; Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Report timely the experimental issue to leader, and discuss the probable roote cause and resolved measures.
• Involvement in method transfers and validation experiments.
• Involved in equipment qualification and technical selection of QC equipment and/or standards and reagents.
• General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, lab supplies ordering, management of glass wares, autoclaving etc.
• Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager
• Analytical Area: Understanding and execution of spectroscopy, and other assigned methods which may include chromatography methods (HPLC), TOC, osmolality, appearance and other physiochemical methods.
• Raw Materials Area: Understanding and execution of compendial monographs and the chemistry fundamentals behind methods. Technology/equipment may include IR, HPLC, GC, polarimetry, refractometry, density meters, titrations (manual and automatic), wet chemistry techniques.
• Relevant experience and accomplishment to dictate final position for which the candidate may qualify
• Good communication skills
• Effective Communication
• Personal Orientation
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.