Viral Vector Manufacturing Supervisor (Upstream) 2nd Shift
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Cell and Gene Therapy Facility is the largest in the world and our facility is growing. We are looking for professionals to grow with us and we have this exciting opportunity in Viral Vector Therapy. The Manufacturing Supervisor for Upstream in Viral Vector Therapy for 2nd Shift will be responsible for leading and directing daily work activities in the batch viral suites to ensure schedule attainment is met.
- Adherence to safety and cGMP regulations of the team.
- Execution of USP/DSP activities in the clean room.
- Planning of daily activities in the clean room and provide first line of problem solving in case of any event.
- Ensure critical supplies are in stock and available for production.
- Responsible and accountable of the Kanban system.
- Trainer, coach and mentor to the Core levels in the technical aspects of the department.
- Coaching, mentoring and performance review of the team.
- Escalation to management and interaction with other stakeholders in case of any event (Deviation Investigation Team, QA, MSAT, FE, etc.)
- Contributor or leader on MFG and OE projects to optimize and streamline processes.
- Responsible to interact with customer while performing operations in the clean room.
- Completes and reviews batch records and production documents.
- Reviews and approves Batch Records, Change Controls, Deviations and other documentation required for production operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Biotechnology, Biology, Chemistry, or equivalent with Associates degree
- High School Diploma or Equivalent may be considered with relevant experience
- Advanced Level knowledge of various commonly used biological processing techniques including cell culture, ultra-filtration and column chromatography.
- Extensive experience in writing technical documents and protocols.
- Advanced Level knowledge of cGMP facilities and cGMP requirements.
- Senior Level experience in biomanufacturing; GMP setting preferred, and/or 12-24 months experience as an Associate Level IV/Supervisor in bio-pharm industry.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.