Site Head - Indonesia
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Site Leader for a Capsules and Health Ingredients site is jointly responsible with other business unit leaders to deliver the annual financial commitments for the business unit, owns primary accountability for achieving the site’s manufacturing key performance indicator targets (Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Innovation, People), and oversees long-range strategic initiatives and master planning activities for the site and network. The Site Leader manages a diverse group of senior operational managers and professionals at the site with high strategic importance to the organization.
- Annual financial target achievements for revenue, profit, and free cash flow. Enabling responsibilities include but are not limited to : hosting customer visits and ensuring a positive customer experience, innovation and product development as directed by the business unit, oversight of the site’s capital investment development and execution, inventory optimization in collaboration with Supply Chain leaders, margin expansion activities and collaboration with Sales and Marketing on commercial enabling strategies
- All Operations results at the site with all its elements, connected and aligned to the Business Unit
- Continuous development and optimization of the site master plan and direct oversight of site-specific strategic initiatives linked to the global master plan.
- Working through a Senior Leadership team, the Site Leader will be responsible for all site staff with direct line accountability for operational managers, engineering, EHS and maintenance. The site leader is also chairperson of the site leadership team that includes other functions such as Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Finance, and commercial leaders.
- Leading the site to ensure a highly effective organization, ensure the site’s safety and quality compliance, and drive compliance with all relevant GMP and ISO Quality procedures, programs, guidelines, and work instructions through developing a culture of sustainable quality adherence.
- Responsible for product process development and improvement of existing and new products in all areas of development and manufacturing – cost, quality, safety environment, waste, etc.
- Ensure production output can meet designed capacity. Liaise with Global Operations support teams in a timely manner to develop plans for appropriate capacity for future requirements.
- Working with every level of the Lonza organization including external communications with clients, community leaders, and regulatory auditors.
- Reporting responsibility in providing timely all site reports needed for the overall Operations reporting and performance management.
- Master or Bachelor degree in Life Science and/or Business (e.g. Engineering, Biology, Finance). MBA degree would be an advantage
- Considerable experience and background in pharmaceutical or nutritional products business with strong knowledge of GMP
- Has site management experience, experience in capsules manufacturing is highly desirable
- Strong leadership & motivational skills
- Experience working in an international company and matrix environment
- Proven track record of delivering results against short and medium term goals, agility in identify and fix problems at all levels across all functions
- Ability to lead a multi-disciplinary team to face complex business challenges
- Excellent inter-personal communication and presentation skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.