Technical and GMP Training Instructional Designer
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for a Technical & GMP Training Instructional Designer to join our growing team. Our Technical & GMP Training Instructional Designer exists to provide technical and GMP training proficiency and consultative guidance as a business partner to assigned Asset and/or Functional group. This position is a vital business partner who is passionate about training & committed to excellence while ensuring Lonza Portsmouth’s employees are properly trained prior to performance.
- Apply instructional design methodologies in creation of learning solutions and assessments.
- Design and develop effective training programs (combining multiple deliverables and/or formats of training as part of curricula).
- Develop and use standards for course learning objectives, adult learning, instructional design, and assessments.
- Implement method for assessing training effectiveness.
- Conduct usability and user experience testing of learning solutions.
- Create and use standard development processes, tools, and templates.
- Mentor junior team members in training content development.
- B.A. or B.S. Preferred area of study: Adult Education, Instructional Design, Training and Development, Communication or Business.
- Substantial experience in training/education.
- Experience in a GMP environment or FDA-regulated industry, pharmaceutical or medical devices preferred.
- Experience with Instructional Design required.
- Experience with curricula development required.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design methodologies.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.