IT Application Expert SAP Plant Maintenance
Costa Rica, San Jose
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
To gather internal business requirements and design, configure, customize, test as well as deploy IT applications in the context of projects and change requests. To oversee IT solutions provided by external parties and ensure adherence with Lonza standards and guidelines. To provide IT support for complex incidents and problems (3rd level support).
- Implement and maintaining the SAP Plant Maintenance functions. The person must understand the concepts for maintaining facilities and equipment and be able to configure SAP to achieve the requirements.
- Translate Lonza maintenance requirements into SAP solutions through configuration and put processes in place to meet the maintenance department requirements.
- Gather user requirements, consult internal stakeholders in terms of IT solutions, work out concepts and specifications, moderate workshops, configure and customize systems, take responsibility for content of test scripts, execute functional testing and support business testing, contribute to the creation of training documentation, provide trainings, prepare and perform data migration activities, enforce global process and system governance, adhere to GMP and quality policies.
- Collaborate with infrastructure, process integration, development and authorization partners to deliver requested standard and or custom IT solutions. Guide external parties such as IT consultants and service providers in the context of project and system changes. Oversee their solutions to ensure adherence with Lonza standards and guidelines.
- Transfer new applications to the support organization. Delegate common incidents and problems to the IT support organization. Provide 3rd level support for complex incidents. Contribute to the resolution of critical / urgent incidents.
- US Visa is a must.
- Fluent English level must be B2 or higher.
- 3 or more years of experience in SAP plant maintenance module.
- Business knowledge of how organizations utilize plant maintenance concepts to maintain and repair equipment and facilities.
- System configuration and/or customization knowhow.
- IT project methodology understanding.
- Analytical skills.
- Can effectively collaborate and communicate with internal and external partners.
- Presentation and moderation skills.
Every day, Lonza´s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve Is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.