Engineer Analyst, Quality
United States, Greenwood (South Carolina)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This position is responsible for leading customer complaint investigation teams comprised of members from the operations, supply chain and quality departments. Through root cause analysis of customer complaint data and investigation results, this position will identify opportunities within the quality system for improvement as well as provide data for long term tracking and trending. This position will work in conjunction with Quality & Technical Service Engineers, Sales and Customer Service to communicate investigation results and corrective measures when appropriate to customers and Lonza colleagues.
- Leads investigation teams through root cause analysis of customer complaints and quality system failures.
- Drives implementation and follow-up of corrective actions for investigation findings. Initiates regular discussion & correspondence with customers and departments for closure to customer complaints and corrective action requests.
- Issues internal quality communications (i.e. Quality Alerts).
- Captures and records Voice of the Customer data for tracking and trending.
- Performs risk based audits of quality systems based on the Voice of the Customer data.
- Displays and communicates Voice of the customer information on a weekly basis. Issues monthly report to organization that includes customer complaint rates and internal defect and micro rates.
- Must be able to back up the Sr Quality Analyst/Quality Analyst as needed.
- This position is responsible for providing leadership to complaint investigation teams and directing those teams to determining the root cause of reported issues. This position will work autonomously and be responsible for driving complaint investigation & audit findings to closure in a timely manner.
- Business, Engineering, Science Related
- Experience with data analysis in Minitab or similar program
- Experience in working directly with customers
- Experience auditing quality systems
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.