Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Reliability Engineer is responsible for leading the development, implementation, operation and improvement of the reliability program for a cGMP Biotech facility. The Reliability Engineer also supports global LPB (Lonza Pharma and Biotechnology) sites for the promotion and development of reliability activities, methodologies and knowledge.
- Implements and improves applicable predictive maintenance, technologies, reliability engineering methodologies, failure modes and effects analysis (FMEA), root cause analysis (RCFA), Criticality Assessments, Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM) and other Operational Excellence efforts centered on reliability.
- Provide support on mechanical reliability issues on cGMP and non-cGMP equipment identified during design phase, installation or normal operations.
- Participates in the design, development and optimization of asset maintenance plans for new and modified assets to ensure reliability and maintainability.
- Develop sustainable programs, tools and processes to improve plant operability and reliability.
- Assess equipment failures and recommend appropriate corrective preventative actions (CAPAs).
- Analyze performance data and develop engineering solutions to improve health and reduce risk.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering (chemical or mechanical engineering) preferred.
- Certified Maintenance and reliability professional (CMRP) certification a plus.
- Significant reliability experience in a manufacturing environment with predictive technologies.
- Reliability experience in cGMP environment preferred.
- Working knowledge and use of ASME BPE (Bioprocessing Equipment) or SAP CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management Systems) a plus.
- Knowledge of FMEA, RCFA and reliability centered maintenance (RCM) and other reliability engineering techniques.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Powerpoint, Excel)
- Interpersonal skills to mentor and motivate cross functionally.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.