United States, Mapleton (Illinois)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Chemist performs tasks and testing in support of the manufacturing plant, wastewater operations, and quality assurance department. Maintains and reviews laboratory records and ISO compliance. They comply with all corporate and plant policies, procedures, guidelines, and work instructions pertaining to safety; and attend all mandatory safety meetings and training sessions. They will report any unsafe conditions or equipment and any accident or injury immediately.
This is the overnight shift. Candidates must be available from 6:30pm to 6:30am on a rotating 12 hour shift and every other weekend.
- Wear proper personal protective equipment when conducting work activities.
- Have proper handling procedures and hazards of materials used on a regular basis.
- Provides shift coverage for QC and Wastewater analysts.
- Maintains and calibrates analytical instrumentation and reagents according to written procedures and schedules as required by GMP, GLP and ISO.
- Evaluates analytical data, identifies non-conformances, and provides corrective action recommendations to production personnel.
- Carries out all required tests on raw materials, intermediates, and finished products in an accurate and timely manner.
- Records results of analyses in the proper logs or computer data file.
- Recommends improvements to analytical methods, and develops new methods when appropriate.
- Trains technicians and other chemists in new analytical methods and new instrumental techniques.
- May analyze non-routine samples obtained from Process Improvement or the Production Department.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining supplies used in the QC Laboratory.
- BS 3-5 yrs exp, MS 0-2 yrs exp in Chemistry with experience in a chemical QC laboratory
- Good Communication & Interpersonal skills
- SAP Knowledge
- Must be available from 6:30pm – 6:30am, 12 hour shifts and every other weekend
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.